WordCamp Denver 2009 will be held at the Denver Art Museum in the heart of downtown Denver. The morning session and afternoon “blogger session” will be held in the Lewis I. Sharp Auditorium (main museum entrance). The afternoon “nerdy session” will be held in Schlessman Hall (north entrance). Both rooms will have wifi hotspots available.
Lewis I. Sharp Auditorium
- Hamilton Building, lower level
- DAM’s new auditorium, perfect for corporate meetings or evening lectures
- State-of-the-art sound system with multiple microphone capability, programmable house and theatrical lighting,12,000-lumen LCD projector, large theater screen, podium with microphone, internet connection, 35mm/16mm film projection
- Rental includes lobby immediately outside auditorium for receptions
- No food or drink allowed in auditorium, but food and drink allowed in lobby
- Additional photos (PDF)
- North Building, level 1
- DAM’s second largest event space
- 3,300 square feet
- Semi-private space with carpeted floors
- Sound system with multiple microphone capability, podium with microphone, 2,800-lumen LCD projector, 18-foot drop-down screen, zoned room lighting system, internet connection, one 220 outlet
- Additional photos (PDF)
The DAM is part of the Civic Center Cultural Complex on 13th Avenue between Broadway and Bannock Streets. The street address is 100 W 14th Ave Pkwy, Denver, CO 80204.
View and print the full-size parking map.
From the South: Drive north on I-25 to the Lincoln-Broadway exit (207). Go north on Lincoln and turn left at 12th Avenue. The Civic Center parking garage is two blocks ahead, just past Broadway.
From the North: Drive south on 1-25 to the Speer Boulevard South exit (212). Continue on Speer Boulevard past Colfax Avenue, then turn left onto 14th Avenue. The museum is six blocks ahead. To park in the garage, continue for one block and turn right onto Broadway, then right onto 12th Avenue.
From the West: Driving east on I-70, take the US-6 East/West 6th Avenue exit (261). After several miles, US-6 freeway becomes a one-way street. Turn left onto Lincoln Street. You are now approaching from the south. Proceed to 12th Avenue and turn left to reach the parking garage, which is just past Broadway.
From the East: Head south on 1-25 to the Speer Boulevard South exit (212). Continue on Speer Boulevard past Colfax Avenue, then turn left onto 14th Avenue. The museum is six blocks ahead. To park in the garage, continue for one block and turn right onto Broadway, then right onto 12th Avenue.
You can reach the museum from anywhere in the metro area via RTD, the Regional Transportation District. For bus and light rail information, visit www.rtd-denver.com.
For more information, call 720-865-5000.
Lodging / Hotel Accommodations
If you’re visiting us from outside of Denver you’ll find a number of hotels nearby. The Art Museum is within walking distance of the 16th Street Mall. On the mall, in order of distance, you’ll find: